I love these speakers. I purchased them primarily for DJ use, wedding ceremony, small parties, and outdoor functions and can use them around the house.
Now that wireless pairing is working, I can use my 12.9" iPad Pro with 512GB of music and cellular data connection. I can DJ anywhere even when there is no power.
What I think is needed
1. Auto Wireless Pairing, have the speaker remember the other one and auto pair when turned on.
2. The ability to select the sound settings (table top mode, pole mode, monitor mode, etc).
3. The ability to control the overall EQ of the speaker
4. The ability to see battery life of each speaker
5. Wireless pass through. When no bluetooth signal is present, but S1's are paired, route input 1 and 2 of 1st S1 to the other speaker over bluetooth channel of 2nd S1. I realize there is a delay but it still is useful. If a DJ is playing music in one room from a mixing board, the other speaker in the next room will receive the audio. My Harmon Kardon Go+Play does this and it has come in handy at gigs.
Mixing board --> hard wired into into 1st S1 --> APTX --> BT channel on 2nd S1