Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. Welcome.
My L1 1S with B1 and T8 is coming today.
Congratulations on getting your L1 Model 1S with B1 and T8S.
We have a gig on the (outside) back patio of a bar on Sunday, expecting 100 or more people. Band is: guitar, bass, drums and keys/accordian so 4 piece with 3 vocals. We usually go with JBL traditional PA, two 10's and two 15's and a Mackie 16 channel. I would like to use the new L1 for the gig but not sure of the best way. Currently thinking we might use the L1 just for (3) vocals and we all use our amps for instruments.
That's a good start for a first time out.
Would the L1 carry vocals in the outdoor space over drums and three amps?
This will depend on how loud the drums and amps are.
Would monitoring be sufficient?
Would you recommend bringing the JBL's as back up?
It depends. I strongly recommend you rehearse setting up and running the L1 Model 1S and T8S, preferably in a large space where you can turn things up and get used to using the T8S. If you can't rehearse the system, then carry backup.
Anyone have experience with L1 1S and a similar gig?
Yes, many times. If manage your stage volume so everyone can hear their vocals from the L1, the audience should hear you too.
Where is the best place to locate tower on stage?
Behind the band, centered between the three vocalists. This is so all three can hear themselves for monitoring
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Here are few links and information to help you succeed with your new system
- T4S T8S Firmware Update Instructions
- Make sure your firmware is up to date - this is very important.
- Gain Staging
- There's a video that shows you how to set up your microphones
- Microphone Feedback
- All references to the T1 ToneMatch audio engine apply to the T8S as well.
- Use the ToneMatch power supply that came with the T8S.
- Use a 1/4 inch (6.3mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable from the T8S Right output to the L1 Model 1S Analog Input
- Set the L1 Model 1S Analog Input Trim control to 9:00-10:00 o'clock. Then use the T8S Master Volume control to manage the volume.
- Rehearse all of this before you get to the gig.