Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community and thank you for the interesting question.
Hi I have just bought the above model
Congratulations on getting your L1 Model II with B1.
and wish to use my Yamaha MG 06x with it.
I want to use it for Karaoke. I will be connecting my wireless mics' and my laptop to the mixer.
Can you give me the correct way to hook it all up and the best types of connection to use. (XLR, jackplug, sheilded or not sheilded ect.).
I want the simplest and the best if possible. Thank you in anticipation.
Kindest regards Donny
Your L1 Model II is a single input powered loudspeaker. Since it is just one loudspeaker it is a mono device.
Your Yamaha MG 06X has stereo outputs.
Here is how you can approach this.
Connect the wireless microphones to the Yamaha input channels 1 and 2.
Set the Stereo/Mono switch to Mono.
Connect the laptop to the Yamaha inputs 3 and 5 - the L/Mono inputs. Do not connect anything to the inputs 4 and 6 - the Right inputs.
Use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable
from the Yamaha Left Output to the L1 Model II Analog Input. Do not use the R output.
- Setting the Trim Control
- Set the Trim control on the power stand to the 0 (zero) position.
- Connect the audio source to the Analog Input
- Adjust the volume of the source device output to the reference or nominal output level.
- While playing/singing as loud as you will during your performance, increase the L1 Model II Trim level so that the Signal/Clip indicator glows green or yellow. Occasional flickers of red are okay.
- If the Signal/Clip indicator glows solid red or you hear distortion, decrease the L1 Model II Trim level so that it glows only green or yellow.