Bose F1 Model 812 with F1 Subwoofer

Discuss the Bose F1 Model 812 and F1 Subwoofer here.

• Live music performances
  • Bands of all styles
  • Solo musicians
  • Mobile DJs
  • Places of worship
  • Schools and universities
  • Resorts and hospitality venues
  • Business presentations

Hi Mykl,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome. 

Mykl posted:

My budget hasnt allowed me to get the 2nd sub just yet. I have two 812 tops and just one F1 sub. Ill be using my 12 channel mixer with them. Whats my best set up option ? 

It depends on the size of the room, and where you are set up, and whether you are doing a live music show with performers or you are a DJ with at DJ console with at table.

Live Sound

Out of convenience, I might set up one F1 Stack (F1 Model 812 with F1 Subwoofer) on one side and the other F1 Model 812 on a speaker stand on the other side of the stage. 

DJ

I'd consider setting up the F1 Model 812 systems on speaker stands on either side of the table and put the F1 Subwoofer under the table.

Please tell us more about how you are using your F1 system and we can talk about your situation instead of hypothetical ones.

Thanks,
ST

Im using this in a medium sized bar for my rock band. I will also have an S1pro and an L1 compact that i plannee to use as monitors.  I figured i would put a top on the sub on one side and an 812 on a stand on the other side. The placement isnt really the issue. Its how to run the cables. What would be the best configuration for hooking it all up for optimal use? Do i run an XLR to a top, and the top to the sub? Or to the sub and the sub to the top ? Do i set both tops to "with sub" ? Or set both to "full range"? Or one of each ? Put the switch on "line in" or "mic"?  

Hi Mykl,

Here's a simple approach.

If your mixer has XLR outputs, then use XLR cables for all the connections. 

Mykl posted:

Im using this in a medium sized bar for my rock band. I will also have an S1pro and an L1 compact that i plannee to use as monitors. 

You'll probably set up an Aux send or two for the S1 Pro and the L1 Compact as monitors.

I figured i would put a top on the sub on one side and an 812 on a stand on the other side. The placement isnt really the issue. Its how to run the cables. What would be the best configuration for hooking it all up for optimal use? Do i run an XLR to a top, and the top to the sub? Or to the sub and the sub to the top ? Do i set both tops to "with sub" ? Or set both to "full range"? Or one of each ? Put the switch on "line in" or "mic"?  

Please see: F1 Model 812 Rear Panel IO

The article addresses your questions.

All set?
ST

Attachments

Photos (1)

Hello Mykl,

Even i offen use my 2 Subs and 2 812, sometimes, i get only 1 Sub in small places. I connect 2 cables from the Outputs L and R of the console to the Sub Inputs, which must be, if possible, centered between the two 812, but it's not a problem if not !, you set the Sub in the "Full range" position, then run 2 cables from the Sub to the 812 Left and Right Inputs, and finally set the position of the 812 on "With Sub", switched on "Line in", of course.

Bose with 1Sub + 2 x 812It sounds very equilibrate !

Attachments

Photos (1)

Add Reply

Likes (0)

We recently updated our sign-in procedure and if you have old sign-in data cached, this can create a problem. Please:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  2. Then close the browser (not just the window)
  3. Open the browser and try again
Thank you

Please make sure that your profile is up to date