Discussions about the Bose S1 Pro system

Bose S1 Pro

Designed for musicians, DJs and general PA use, the S1 Pro is the ultimate all-in-one PA, floor monitor and practice amplifier that's ready to be your go-anywhere Bluetooth music system for nearly any occasion. 

This is the place to discuss the S1 Pro system.

It depends upon the venue.

I've used 2 S1s for an audience of over 50 people in a library where books, carpeting and curtains soak up sound.

And I've used 2 S1s for about 100 people in a back yard gig.

But we've had to drag out the bigger systems for loud bar gigs and larger venues - 2 S1s and a JBL EON ONE, 2 JBL EON ONE systems or Bose L1M2 and an F1.

Hi Claude Perreault,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Please tell us how you will be using your S1 Pro systems.  Will this be for live music, prerecorded music, spoken word,  This will help us to respond to your question.

Thank you,

ST

Hi Claude Perrault,

Thank you for the added information.

If the midi music does not have a lot of bass (DJ club music), then two S1 Pro systems could serve you well.  You would need to space then apart. 

Two S1 Pro systems side-by-side are not much louder than one. You get extra coverage by separating them.

Think of covering a group of 50 people with one S1 Pro and covering another group of 50 people with the second S1 Pro.  All those people can be in the same room.

Does that help?
ST

Bit the bullet and got an S1 Pro... needed a battery powered option and was hesitant to spend a lot on a battery pack for my L1Cs (I still may in the future but haven't found an alternative to the discontinued Duracell pack that's on the forums) So far, I've found that the S1 Pro is a bit overpriced for the volume it provides, but not overpriced for the feature set it has. Got to test it in open air, and I find that a 30ft range is it's best radius. L1Cs can do about 60ft range, and the L1M2 can handle 100ft. (Single unit). 2 S1 Pros won't have the fullness of a single L1C. If battery power is critical, then there's no other option but 2 S1 Pros. I would space them as far apart (one by performer, then the other further away about 20-30ft away from the main stage and closer to the audience that's further away. The stereo effect would be ok but wouldn't give much more audience volume.

I've found that the my 2 - S1s cover more territory with better bottom end when put on stands.

I spent the extra money for a pair of lightweight stands that collapse down to about 14 inches and will fit in my tiny Mazda Miata along with everything else...

Chet 3 posted:

I've found that the my 2 - S1s cover more territory with better bottom end when put on stands.

I spent the extra money for a pair of lightweight stands that collapse down to about 14 inches and will fit in my tiny Mazda Miata along with everything else...

@Chet I use 1 S1 and I discovered, quite accidentally, that it sounds much better (to me) on a stand. So I got a stand from Monoprice and it works like a charm.

Add Reply

Likes (0)

We recently updated our sign-in procedure and if you have old sign-in data cached, this can create a problem. Please:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  2. Then close the browser (not just the window)
  3. Open the browser and try again
Thank you

Please make sure that your profile is up to date