L1 Model II

Let's talk about the L1® Portable Line Array Systems

Using proprietary Bose® technology, L1 systems combine  PA and monitors into a single, highly portable unit. The  loudspeaker can be positioned behind or to the side —and you hear what the audience hears.

Highly portable PA and monitor combined for solo performers, DJs and general-purpose use. Fixed vertical control with 180° horizontal coverage Reduced vulnerability to feedback.

Three systems to choose from (Compact, Model 1S, Model II)
Two passive bass module options (B1 or B2)
Consistent coverage and tonal balance, portability and easy setup.

Hi Niko,
If what you're asking is if you can plug one guitar+vocal into the first L1 and the other guitar+vocal into the 2nd L1 and somehow have both mics/guitars come out of both L1's, then no. You'd need a mixer for that. My advice? Bring a mixer, if for nothing else to have some reverb available. If your current mixer is too big, get yourself a small 4-channel analog mixer for when you can't bring the main one. One of the groups I run sound for has a full Presonus StudioLive + QSC PA speakers/sub setup, but for times when I'm not available to run sound for them, they bring a small 8 channel mixer and a pair of powered speakers.

To be clear, though, even using a stereo mixer to feed the two L1-C's doesn't necessarily give you "stereo". A "stereo mixer" with the left and right output going one each to the left and right L1-C with everything panned center is simply "Dual Mono" (everything out of each speaker, i.e. mono). Stereo would be if you panned different sources to the left and/or right, which, while mono is most prevalent, some do use stereo live to some degree for various reasons. So, in truth, having one guitarist/vocalist running through their own L1-C is actually more "stereo" than using a "stereo mixer" run in "dual mono"

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Hi Nikomusik.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. I'm glad you joined us.

Nikomusik posted:

hello , we are 2 guitarists/vocalists and we have 2 L1-Compact.

This is the ideal set up for L1 systems: one system for each performer.

Bose engineered the L1 system to be used as personal amplification systems, so each performer performs through their own L1.  Not everyone has enough units so they end up sharing, but you're all set as it is.

You play through your L1, and your partner plays through theirs. Don't connect the systems in any way and let the mix happen in the air.

Is it possible tu use in stereo the two L1-compact? and of course playing and sining at the same time? Which is the best configuration?

Stereo is usually an attempt to create the effect you will get by keeping your two L1 systems separate. Some sound comes from the left. Some sound comes from the right. The sounds blend in the air, and the people listening get a natural experience that corresponds with what they see when they watch you perform.

Check this out.

The L1® Approach and the History of Amplification 

Thanks,

ST

Add Reply

Likes (0)

We recently updated our sign-in procedure and if you have old sign-in data cached, this can create a problem. Please:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  2. Then close the browser (not just the window)
  3. Open the browser and try again
Thank you

Please make sure that your profile is up to date