Just for DJs & KJs

Bose P.A.S. Rocked the DJ CONVENTION...

Bose Staff: Let's put all the anti Bose dj's in there place. Please consider setting up the sound for the www.djtimes.com dj convention that takes place in late August. It's attended by a few thousand dj's every year and the last few year's sound systems were awful. It would be so much positive exposure for the Bose P.A.S, if you guys came in and slammed them with a large P.A.S. demo/setup for the events in the main ballroom. These are the events that most of the dj's all go to and listen to...Read More...
I've been to all DJ Times East Coast Expo's. Every year, they get smaller and smaller (down an estimated 50% in vendors and vendors space from 10 years ago), they remain at the DJ-101 level, and the quality vendors who have innovative hardware and software don't bother coming anymore. Why? Traditional DJ mentality and Price wars! "The guy at booth 102 said he'd sell it to me for $10 dollars less. What'll you sell it to me for? Okay, $5 less. Hold on, I gotta go back and talk to the other guy...Read More...

Any DJs using this? L1 Cylindrical Radiator™ loudspeaker

Attention all DJs, help! I dj in NYC metro area and am considering buying this Bose system to replace what I've traditionally used (2 powered EON JBLS and a subwoofer). I'm nervous about buying it for a few reasons, I don't know anyone who has used it, it's one speaker (where do you put it?), and I'm worried that the 24 little speakers might not be able to handle long, arduous gigs. If you have any information or know someone that is using them strictly for djing please send any feedback.Read More...
I've used this system in Chicago since January. Get one, it will change your life. If you can get two, you may change the world.Read More...

A Little Confused

I'm just a little confused about the "proper" inputs from my mixer. The owners guide (page 10) states that channels 3 and 4 inputs are "optimized" yet throughout this forum, it is suggested that lines 1 and 2 are used. The salesperson at the Guitar Center told me to plug my mixer into lines 1 and 2 yet a DJ using the system says he uses line 3 and 4 because the first 2 lines are too "hot" or sensitive. So...my question is; Is there a "proper" configuation? Am I loosing anything by using...Read More...
DJ Joe, I would say, before the signal even gets to the Bose system be sure that your mixers gain staging is perfect. Basically, your mixer has gain controls and channel faders. I would start by setting the gain/trim on your mixer to be sure that neither channel is peaking on the input stage. Then adjust your channel faders to unity (usually labeled 0 or with an infinity sign). At that point, go ahead and turn up your master volume on the mixer. This is going to get you great gain staging...Read More...

Trance Music?

Has anyone used the BOSE PAS to DJ trance? The incredible range between highs and lows in Trance makes me wonder if the speakers can push out the sound in a way that can compete with "club" style systems. I currently use 2 JBL G2 EON 15" speakers and a Mackie Sub and they aren't up to the challenge so I am considerign an upgrade. Anyone know if this system might be up to the challenge?Read More...
Chris, This one ought to be walked through live. If you're looking for "club bass" you'll want to add a powered sub ... and a big one. Please call 1-877-335-2673 and talk to one of the tech team. They will help answer all your questions about the system and if it is going to meet your goals.Read More...

The Speakers I've always dreamed of:

I've been a DJ since 1990 and I was glad when we finally got rid of records. I was happier when cd's became recordable. I'm even happier that that we can download music legally and burn are own CD's. However, I have not been as excited about anything in a very long while than when I bought the PAS system. Now, I won't say its the best sound that I've ever heard because its not. I think a great sound can be had for less money but when I tell you that its a fantastic sound and its the most...Read More...

One Happy DJ

There are no words that can describe how I feel after plugging in my PAS units...the sound is HUGE!!!! As a test drive, I set the units up outside my garage, put in an Estaban (great guitarist) CD and stood in awe at what I heard. I started walking down the street and couldn't believe how pure the sound remained. I wanted to hear how vocals sounded so I put in a Josh Groban CD...Mr. Groban never sounded so good. I have 3 weddings this weekend, I can't wait! I'll post a "real" review early...Read More...
DJ Joe Dube, Thanks for the feedback! We never get tired of hearing how this system is helping others. Please let us know how the gigs go. Please register your product here www.bose.com/register . You'll need to put the B1 serial numbers in the large text box. Our registration system is not yet set up to handle a product with 4 serial numbers. Hope to hear back from you soon. Here is a "how to" on the registration process. Click here.Read More...

Two BOSE PAS L1 B1 (2) vs. 400 High School Kids

I been 200 to 400 weddings for the last 3 months with them, perfect! Tommorrow, I have 400 person H.S. prom, do you think I could get away with two sets of the LI/B1(2). I know these near adults will be bass hungry and the other option is 3000 watts of EAW JF590Z/FR250Z. Should I do a combo of the two and see which is better... Help, I need somebody! Thanks, Andy I really want to believe but my butt on the line tommorow tonight.Read More...
Ron Unfortunately that's easier said then done. Given the way the system is wired internally and the impedances of the speakers there is no easy way to do that. I may have an alternative for you. If you get a 3rd party power amp with roughly 250 Watt into 4 Ohm, you can run a 1/4 cable from the "Bass Line Out" into that power amp and power an additional 2 B1s. If the amp is stereo (which they all are anyway), you can run it in "parallel" mode and drive 4 additional B1s (in addition to the 2...Read More...

The correct hookup for Stereo Sound!

(Chris have you tried this?) I have discovered the best possible sound/hookup for Stereo. I have 2 PAS systems (Double Bass is the only way to go). First you need a custom cable either 1/4" to 1/4 " or get a 1/4" on one end and RCA on the other. Connect a dual 1/4" mono or stereo cable to channel one and channel two of the PAS to a RCA or 1/4" splitter cable. Connect the single end of the splitter to the mixer's left channel and follow the same instructions on your second PAS and hook that...Read More...
If you have the double bass package, try it! You will see exactly what I mean. I don't have any explaination for it but it works.Read More...

Welcome

Ken-at-Bose
Welcome DJs everywhere! We have found that many DJs are using the Personalized Amplification System(tm) family of products, mainly because of the extreme portability, high fidelity sound, and the fact that folks close to the Cylindrical Radiator(tm) speaker don't get blown out while those in the back of the room struggle to hear. Many DJs have already posted on this forum. Little by little, we'll move those threads over to this forum.Read More...
Thanks Ken, I even work for Bose and have not actually had a chance to try the PAS yet, and if it wasnt for Guitar Center I probably wouldn't have had the chance to even see one. We obviously dont sell them here at the showcase store but I really want to try one. At least here I get the chance to hear from other DJ's how beneficial they are. Lets see If I can get that damn gc salesman to hook up some turntables to the floor model. Till then good looking out Ken.Read More...

L1 Cylindrical

I am a musician and DJ, Would L1 Cylindrical be good for both. Would the L1 Cylindrical be as good or better than what I am using now. JBL EonRead More...
The attached photos are a few of the PAS in a small room used for a Tango workshop. Prerecorded music was played and it was brilliant sounding. The room was an approx. 18x30 art studio cleared out to make room for the would-be dancers. The PAS was positioned in a corner behind a glass kiln and performed wonderfully. Clear, even sound. The first picture shows the PAS in the corner behind the glass kiln. My mixer rack was used with the studios CD player (hey, it was a loan of the system so...Read More...