2007 Fall Rocky Mountain Conference

Featured Topics

FALL 2007 L1 MUSICIANS CONFERENCE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

Ken-at-Bose
Howdy Partners, As many of you know, Tom Munch has been working to find a suitable venue in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado for a Fall users conference. I am pleased to inform you that we have found such a place. It is an absolutely beautiful area that is chock full of L1 players and other musicians (largely because of Tom). We've identified a wonderful establishment that has a stage and room for us to conference. For accomodations, there are rooms at the Cuchara Inn (where we'll hold the...Read More...
See the travelling pictures in progress including Tom's vehicle loaded to the gunnels or gills depending on your perspective on water. On the Road to CucharaRead More...
Page

Monday Night Song Ideas

Tom Munch
Everybody join in on ideas for songs on Monday night. Ken posted a bunch of ideas to get us started on the wiki. If there is a song that you've always wanted to do, or maybe a song that you "own" & would like to do - bring it on. Don't be afraid to do something obscure or interesting. (Keep in mind that the rhythm section will have to back you up, so we need chords - & don't make it too difficult.) Easy songs would be any blues-based tune like "Kansas City". Harder songs would be...Read More...
Nancy, I added them to the wiki. We now have a choir for backup on this song. I'm looking forward to it! TomRead More...

Topics

Video: Tom Munch Presentation

ST
We now have video from the conference. Here is Tom's presentation. Vocal and Guitar Performance Techniques . Follow the link, watch the video, help us make notes in the wiki!Read More...
I have just re-rendered Tom's presentations so they should be visible now in most modern browsers and mobile devices. Vocal and Guitar Performance Techniques Enjoy! STRead More...
Last Reply By ST · First Unread Post
Here is video of Cliff's presentation. Identifying Spectral Excess in Musical Sounds -- == Click the picture to see the video page in the wiki ==-- Get out the headphones for this one. Then check out Spectral Identification . Another page in the wiki that has written notes and some sound clips to help you identify some of the key terms Cliff uses in the video.Read More...
I watched and listened to a bit of this (first experience for me!) and although it's obvious that the camera-mic is on a mighty AGC processor (background noise swoops up heavily between phrases), it's amazing how much of this presentation gets through to the listener. You can actually hear a lot of the spectral differences. Also, I think the camera was in the back of the room so it's pretty impressive how the L1 sounds so close. I'm listening on Bose TriPorts, very normal-sounding. Some...Read More...

Video: Ken Jacob Presentation

ST
Here is video of Ken's presentation. -- == Click the picture to see the video page in the wiki ==-- I found this fascinating. I hope you enjoy it too.Read More...
Tom, Should you speak with Steve sometime, please pass yet another word of, "Thanks," and, "Nice job," to him. Thanks to you, NRead More...

Tom Munch video

Troisnoir
Well. I have much work to do! Thanks to Tom and all the Bose guys for doing and posting this. I got even more out of it than I was expecting. Thank you again!Read More...
Closing this discussion so we can carry on in the other ongoing Video: Tom Munch Presentation discussion.Read More...

It's all over now, baby blue...

Ken-at-Bose
(Picture from sunrise yesterday, just as we re-entered the world on our way home, at a gas station just off I25). Oh boy, where to start. There are so many moments to share, so many things to remember. Here are just a few highlights, with many more to come from me and I'm sure others. Also, I'll be sorting through my pictures and posting some of the good ones over the coming days. - vinsgirl gave a fabulous performance on Sunday night. She said she was very nervous on the first song but...Read More...
I am definitely looking forward to it! I'll try and be patient...ok, is it done yet?Read More...
Page

I Was Tempted

colcliff-at-bose
Driving back thru CO Springs in the professional racing suv I rented, I was really tempted:Read More...
No Tom. What would be me would be what's in the photo only about 20 feet towards the passenger side, headed downwards.Read More...

On the Road to Cuchara

ST
Photo from Chris-at-Bose via his iPod. At the Airport Bill-at-Bose Ken-at-Bose Evan (Ken's son) Chris-at-BoseRead More...
Hi Jeff! Ah yes...I see the golden splashes of the aspens in your camera phone pic! Of course, in my mind's eye, I remember them as I saw them the first time! They were breathtaking! Thanks for sharing. JohnRead More...

Ping: Cliff

johns
Hi Cliff, Regarding the custom ToneMatch session: If you create a ToneMatch preset for my mandolin, will the zEQ also control the key mandolin frequencies as with other instruments and microphones? Thanks! JohnRead More...
No I'm not here. Try me. Just back from travel, a 7-hour bizniz meeting in San Diego and return to Framingham in 2 days. My muscles are in knots (no, not from flapping), not to mention my brain. Owww. But, I will be. Not sure about the zeq, but we'll talk about this with its author MikeZ, who will be working on this with me. Oh yeah, we will have tone.Read More...

Monday Night Song: My Blue Heaven

Tom Munch
Word file posted. Nathan wants to do this one.Read More...
Ken, my motto is: I aim to please! Golly, only a week away. Good thing I have that time to recover. I broke my reed last night at a football game. I've got a gig at noon on Sunday right before I fly outa here, too. I better keep it quiet at the next game. Good weekend to you both, NRead More...

Monday Night Song: More Than Words

Tom Munch
John Sweet posted another one. quote: I'd like to propose "More Than Words" by Extreme. I can play acoustic and maybe add some background vox, but I need a singer. Maybe a little hand percussion or shaker action and bass. Added words and chord changes to Wiki page. Any takers? JohnRead More...
Good news, Jeff! Looking forward to it! JohnRead More...

Monday Night Song: Beatles

Tom Munch
Nathan has suggested the following Beatles songs: Can't Buy me Love 8 Days a Week Do you Want to Know a Secret? I Want to Hold your Hand All my Lovin' Who's up for lead vocals on these? Nathan, are you wanting to do all these vocals? TomRead More...
original key is fine, Tom. ThanksRead More...

Monday Night Song: Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Tom Munch
It looks like Nathan is laying claim to the vocal on this one. What key, Nathan?Read More...
Quite possibly that's it. We usually just feel it, and it works well - never exactly the same way twice, you know, but always good. A quick coordination right before we do it usually suffices. The progression I assume is the same. I'm not worried about it. That's the joy of working with accomplished musicians!Read More...

Monday Night Song: By the Time I Get to Phoenix

Tom Munch
capo 1 E By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be rising she'll find the note I left hangin' on her door she'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leavin' 'cause I've left that girl so many times before. F#m/E Ema7 / F#m/E Ema7 / A F#m G#m C#m / F#m/E Ema7 By the time I make Albuquerque she'll be working she'll probably stop at lunch and give me a call but she'll just hear that phone keep on ringin' off the wall that's all. F#m/E Ema7 / F#m/E Ema7 / A F#m G#m C#m / F#m/E D B7 By the...Read More...

Monday Night Song: I Saw the Light

Tom Munch
Rick Jordan suggested this great tune. From Rick: quote: Let's start in E for lower voices, modulate to G for medium range voices (also a good key for banjos, I'm told) and end in A with some good 4 part harmony or bluegrass tenor. quote: I think it would be cool to have 3 different singers, one for each verse, and they could harmonize on the chorus. I think Larry (oldghm) would do a super job for sure. It would be nice to have a lady for a verse, and YOU on one. All of the band members that...Read More...
Oldghm, Are you up for singing a verse on this? Maybe we can get Carin to sing a verse for the female voice. TomRead More...

Song Formats

Tom Munch
What format works for everyone if we post lyrics & chords? I usually use Word, but I could use ChordPro, text, jpeg, whatever you all want. I could even use notation software if that's needed. TomRead More...
I'll probably bring a printer to print these at the conference if we need to, but I thought we could all at least have a copy before to go over as well. TomRead More...