2006 Spring Big Sur L1™ Musicians Conference

Hello from Joseph

joseph
Hello everyone ... Joseph here sending you a Happy Holiday wish from Big Sur & the Monterey area ... & Letting you know we lost Barkley last month. He peacefully passed over under the guidance of his family who were with him... There was a 'HUGE' celebration of his life at the Hidden Barn studio and thus heralded in the end of an era ... Many of us are on Facebook now ... Hoping we'll all become friends there too ...Read More...
That's funny. People say that to me all the time ... think it's my goatee! LOL Here's a video shot in a familiar place ... http://youtu.be/GJnKMLbXSFURead More...

What I Learned in Big Sur

Tom Munch
I'm starting to come down from the mountain & distill my thoughts a bit on this whole Big Sur thing. I thought that a place to share thoughts, reflections, & things we learned - both technically & personally - might be a benefit to the whole forum. The beginnings were simple & humble. I'll start in with something I learned Sunday night that meant a lot. Cliff & Ken started the quest for the L1 with a simple meeting to decide how they could help musicians. That is a pretty...Read More...
Yah, ST, it's weird being here without the group. Thanks again for inviting me!Read More...
Page

Big Sur Photos

ST
These are in a different part of the forum. We are going to leave them where they are so that we don't break any inbound links. Photos from Big Sur Photos from Big Sur too Please follow links.Read More...

Short Impressions, Observations & Regrets- Big Sur & Bose

joseph
There is so much to say about this priceless moment in time that we all shared ... would just like to start a separate thread where we can wax poetic or simply make statements... observations,... ask questions... and even state regrets about this encounter... For instance: I regret I did not get to know each one of you a little better... The kindness that prevailed and the lack of arrogance in every direction was almost unreal ... There wasn't one individual or situation which rubbed me the...Read More...
wow... the memories ...Read More...

Big Sur Bose Bash - 168 hours and counting

ST
Big Sur Bose Bash - the final countdown : (hh:min approximate) to go (reload page for update). Edit: The clock is now counting hours since we wound down the get together (approximately midnight Tuesday). On Sunday night we started the countdown "Most of us will be getting to Big Sur in about a week. " Here's the plan and some ideas. The first session is Sunday night at the Big Sur Lodge Big Sur Bose Bash Agenda / Set List It's a plan but not a done deal. We'll be playing by ear as much as...Read More...
All right guys, pile on. I can take it. Thanks for the love. TomRead More...
Page

Big Sur Sunset Social

ST
For the attendees at the Big Sur Bose Bash, be sure to grab a chair and head out for the Sunset on Monday Night. Sunset should be around 7:45 pm. This is a great time to hang out together and get in the mood for the Big Sur Natives. They will be going on at 8:30 in the Hidden Barn. Event ScheduleRead More...
I'd be happy to collaborate on food Ken Edit hid cell #Read More...

Big Sur Bose Bash Gear

ST
< !--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";} .xl157503 < ![if supportMisalignedColumns]> < ![endif]> Item Source Personalized Amplification Systems (4-6) (min 10 B1s) On site A1 PackLite™ amps (2) Bose Mic stands and various mics (58s and similar) On site AKG C535 Tom Munch AMT M40 piano mic Alan Steinberger AT AE5400 mic Bose Audix D6 Kick mic Audix OM5 Drumr Neumann KMS 105 Chad in Houston Sennheiser 609 Silver Guitar cabinet mic...Read More...
Tom, You wouldn't believe the debate we had about that. We're basically on West Coast Session Player time. We will have snacks and coffee to help folks overcome the time differences.Read More...

Big Sur Bose Bash General Discussion

ST
Ken has announced the Big Sur Bose Bash on April 24/25th . We can leave the other 'thread' for all the official announcements and details as they unfold, and we can discuss the event here. So this is the place to ask questions, make suggestions, arrange car-pools, and all that comes to mind. Big Sur Bose Bash Links: NEW Big Sur Bose Bash - 168 hours and counting (agenda and most recent announcements) Official Announcement and News > General Discussion Questions, suggestions, arrangements...Read More...
Ronjazz~~didn't Joseph say, in another thread, that you (and others) are welcome to use his Godin Nylon string?~~You should play some of your flaminco or classical stuff on that~~it sounds really nice~~you can give it some of that 'mystic' vibe~~Read More...

Big Sur Bose Bash Face-to-Face Discussion Topics -

ST
So we are all going to be together in one place for a day or two. Let's see what we'd like to talk about. Here are some ideas, and it would be terrific if you would add to the list or just comment on what is here: B1s and Tone (the effect on tone, headroom, etc of adding additional B1's, whether via an additional PS1 or the PackLite) Dual mono, and the frequency cancellation that can ensue Equipping the band (for those folks who are doing the gear for everyone). Guitar Tubes, Amps, Modellers...Read More...
You are simply an outrageous photgrapher Patrice~~you truly know how to capture the essence and vibe of the Big Sur Natives~~what a great talent you've got~~Wow! That photo of Pfeiffer Beach at Sunset is the total bomb!! Thanks so much for sharing with us~~Wow~~outrageous stuff!!Read More...
Page

Bose-o's West get-together?

alansteinberger
Folks, a few of us have started talking about getting together to hear some of the ways we're all applying the Bose system to our music. Because of the number of owners here on the West Coast, I'm picturing a weekend gathering at a centrally located hotel in California with a conference room where we could play, listen and network. There are a quite a number of artists on this forum I've been wanting to hear including Californians Joseph, ASAT, jazzhorn1 and holliwil. I'd love it if ST would...Read More...
Hi Pete, Schedule of events? We're working on it. We'll post it in the bold links below: Big Sur Bose Bash Links: Official Announcement and News Other links General Discussion Questions, suggestions, arrangements Bose-O's West Poll Who's coming Discussion Topics Things to talk about face-to-face.Read More...
Page
Having trouble signing in?

We recently updated our sign-in procedure and if you have old sign-in data cached, this can create a problem. Please:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  2. Then close the browser (not just the window)
  3. Open the browser and try again
Thank you

Please make sure that your profile is up to date