2006 Fall East Coast L1® Musicians Conference

Featured Topics

Great Picture Collection from Diedre

Ken-at-Bose
Many, many thanks to Diedre for sending along these wonderful photographs. Ken Bausano dropped off the CD-ROM at NAMM last week and here are some of the highlights.Read More...
Hey Ken and Ken and Diedre, Thanks for posting those great pix from Ashland. They brought back such pleasant memories. What a wonderful 3 days we had. rwjRead More...

East Coast Conference Travel Logistics...

asat
Anybody flying into BOS during the day Sunday, 29? If my buddy declines to go/drive - I may just grab a cheap Jetblue flight JFK-BOS and figure it out from there. Does the Inn have any type of shuttle service from Boston airport? If not, maybe share a rental car with somebody from Boston airport to the Inn if interested and the schedule can match-up? I was trying not to take-off a matinee $how that day but if something "BIG" is going down at 6pm as brother Ken mentioned, I'll probably have...Read More...
Anybody going to be near Logan - Boston Airport Saturday 6:00 pm (wheels down) Before I make arrangement for a cab to the Warren Center in Ashland, I thought I should check who is going to be around to hitch a ride or to offer one. ThanksRead More...
Page

L1 Fall Conference MONDAY NIGHT MUSIC Extravaganza!!!

Ken-at-Bose
Hi Folks, As previously announced, we'll have a number of acts playing a tune or two on Sunday night in the lobby bar at the Inn, a beautiful spot (see picture below). A number of you have already signed up for slots on Sunday and more are welcome. These slots will not use electric guitars or drums, as the lobby is lower key. On Monday night, however, we have the whole Lodge building to ourselves. This is where we take our meals, and it's a great expansive room, and we can be louder. I know...Read More...
That's Rick Jordan, CGP.* It was a pleasure being part of your backup band, Rick! Alan ----- * Certified Guitar PickerRead More...
Page

L1™ Musicians Conference (Fall 2006) Attendance

ST
Please post a note here if you plan on attending the L1™ Musicians Conference (Fall 2006) Posting here is not a commitment, but if you think there's a good chance you can make it, please say something here. It will be a huge help in the planning for the event. Please indicate the number of people in your party Here are the details that we know now. Dates : October 29-31 2006 inclusive Location : Warren Conference Center & Inn in Ashland, MA. 529 Chestnut Street Ashland, Massachusetts...Read More...
Hi Folks, Some of you have asked if we could make certain accessories available at the conference and unfortunately we can not. Sorry about that. KenRead More...
Page

L1 Owners Conference Discussion Area

Ken-at-Bose
Hi folks, Here's where you can post questions and comments about the upcoming L1 Owners Conference to be held in New England October 29-31.Read More...
DAN , don't forget to remind me ! I'd love to play and sing some praise and worship music with you Sunday morning. I have several very ez things I've written that would be a breeze for anyone to sit in on. I'll have my Variax acoustic and a guitar synth Michael (FocusPlayer)Read More...

FALL L1 MUSICIANS CONFERENCE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

Ken-at-Bose
******** 10/24/06 WE ARE SOLD OUT ******** *****Please stay in touch here for upcoming events and THANK YOU for your interest and support. ***** Dear Message Board Community: On behalf of the community of L1 Cylindrical Radiator loudspeaker owners, and the Bose Live Music Technology Group, you are invited to the second ever L1 Owners Conference, to be held October 29-31, 2006. Modeled after the incredibly successful meeting in Big Sur CA this past April, this unique three day experience in...Read More...
From the Warren Center a few days ago.Read More...
Hi Folks, The recent L1 Conference in Big Sur was such an inspiration that we want to know if this community wants to do it again, this time East of the Mississippi. We know a lot of you have read about Big Sur. We would truly love to have you all experience what we did. So many strong and positive things happened. One of the most interesting aspects of all this is that it was unplanned by Bose. Alan Steinberger got things started in a post dated Jan 12, 2006 . It was a simple, yet profound...Read More...
To any and all who are interested in the East Coast event the ongoing discussion is here: - Please join us - L1 Musicians Conference Discussion AreaRead More...
Page

Topics

Post-conference thoughts and discussions

andrewdouglas
Since there are several L1 conference threads -- all of which were started for different, pre-conference purposes -- I thought it might be a good idea to give us one place to post our thoughts, thanks, kudos and reports. I suggest that we put all of that stuff here rather than spreading it around all of the other threads. Have at it! Here's one to kick us off: During the auditorium session after lunch on Tuesday, Ken-at-Bose did something great: He put the session presenters on the spot and...Read More...
Oh, thought I'd post a NEW ME pic..<G> Looking back at all these 06 pics ... I was 30 lbs larger then... this is Steve Ecker on the left and Me on the right - playing my JB Player Vagabond... with a new very nice Fishman blender pickup... that makes this cheep guitar sound like a new 900 dollar Ovation. but ONLY when plugged in <G>Read More...
Page
For Those Interested, I have all the (musical) audio & video clips from Ashland uploaded and will leave it there for as long as I can. Happy Holidays to all. Enjoy. Chad-in-Huston - (Audio) Sunday Night Jam Chad-in-Huston - (Audio) Monday Night Bands Dan Cornett - (VideoPhone) Sunday & Monday Julie's - (Quicktime Video) Monday Night Bands Drumr - Video Tuesday Night Acoustic jam PRead More...
Hey Pete, Thanks a TON for sharing that music from Ashland. It was great to hear and see everyone again. It was such fun to have this reminder. Blessings, rwjRead More...

Pictures from The East Coast Conference

DrumrPete
Hi all, I have so many that I have uploaded them to A Webpage Directory for Bose related, and here for the rest of our trip. There are individuals and a zipped file with all of them. Here's one of my favs: I would sure like to see what you have. PeteRead More...
I have posted a directory of some Quicktime video clips that my wife shot of Ken B.'s set and the lengthy open jam that followed. There is some fun stuff! I regret not having filmed the three excellent sets prior to that, Julie only filmed when I started playing. She just wanted living proof that I was actually on the same stage with musicians of that caliber. I hope the Bose film guys release some footage of those earlier sets as well as everything else they shot.Read More...

quick notes from Fall Conference

captacoustic
Just got done with ST's talk about the forum. It was great. He turns out to be an extremely witty and effective speaker (private note to ST: I wrote the song and it's called 'PLAY ME Stairway to Heaven'!!) He gave a great technical primer but where he was really best was bringing out the emotional side of what we do with the forum. It's fascinating to meet people like the OldGHM (great singer), Ken and Kyle and Chuck (whom I've met previously). Also, it's interesting to learn Cliff is a...Read More...
I had posted my "quick notes" in the MONDAY NIGHT MUSIC thread. Click there or here to read.Read More...

issues from the morning session...

jdavidson
Well, the morning session @ The Bose conference brought up some real issues, for me that is........... Cliff restated the contention that the PAS was designed for one instrument and one vocalist. While we know that the singer songwriter scenario is a no brainer for the PAS, let's move on to something that's actually an issue: SCENARIO: your band are not all Bose converts. You have a hodgepodge of ideas & attitudes on what sounds "good" and the best way to deliver that "good" sound. You,...Read More...
only a 5 digit mark 6?Read More...

Keyboards for Fall Conference

colcliff-at-bose
There is some concern about keys on the chat about the conference announcement. We'll bring the following: GEM ProMega3 piano (88, great grand and Rhodes) Nord Electro 63 (great Hammond/Leslie, Wurlitzer, D6 clav) Stands and pedals What's not to love?Read More...
And extension cord. And chord chart for "Louie Lou-Wye"Read More...
Having trouble signing in?

We recently updated our sign-in procedure and if you have old sign-in data cached, this can create a problem. Please:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  2. Then close the browser (not just the window)
  3. Open the browser and try again
Thank you

Please make sure that your profile is up to date